Student Learning Journey Blogs

Saturday 7 November 2015

Hard at Work

Today we started our new topic in Maths: Proportions and Ratios.
What do these terms mean?
When would I use this in the real world?
How do I keep things in the right proportions?

See if your kids can answer these questions and check their understanding.

I am making a super duper yummy punch.
The perfect recipe has 2 Cups 7-Up and 3 Cups juice.
But I am having a party and I want 20 cups of punch in total.
How much of each drink do I need?
Lots of great discussion, thinking and collaborating was happening...and maybe a touch of silliness!






4 comments:

  1. These are great photos of us all

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's ME in the first photo and Maia and Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of all the groups.Well done all of the class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was fun but really hard!!!!!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete